Marine Power Systems is looking to recruit a highly experienced Project Manager to join the business and lead on the development of small scale renewable energy projects for the demonstration of our technology. The successful candidate will work closely with both the MPS team and stakeholders to bring these projects to fruition.
The candidate will be based at the MPS head office in Swansea, main responsibilities include:-
- Be responsible for successful project delivery of small scale renewable energy projects for the demonstration of our technology.
- Utilise proven project management techniques to control schedule, costs, and to manage risk and change.
- Develop, communicate and maintain project plans and schedules.
- Develop and maintain resource and recruitment plans.
- Lead project risk and opportunity management processes.
- Proactively address project, schedule, budget and development issues with the project team.
- Clearly report all aspects of project status to the Senior Management Team.
- Working with the Financial Controller will manage project procurement and contracts.
- Working with the Financial Controller will manage project budgets.
- Develop relationships with engineering, service and equipment contractors.
- Engage with contractors to develop plans, work packages and contracts for prototype construction, commissioning, installation and operation.
- A strong background in project management (5 years minimum) and hold project management qualifications.
- A track record in successfully managing the delivery of similar or relatable renewable energy projects.
- A track record in the application of established and novel project management techniques to achieve successful project outcomes.
- Experience in supplier and contractor management.
- Knowledge of professional contracting.
- Good understanding of the design and development process.
- Ability to motivate self and teams and deal with conflict positively.
- Willingness to travel for short or medium term in UK as required.
- Willingness to work flexibly and outside of normal working hours to satisfy the requirements of the role.
- A genuine interest and passion for addressing the challenges of energy generation at sea.
- Proficient in English, both spoken and written.
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK.
- Valid UK Driving Licence.
- Experience in offshore renewable energy technology development (Wind/Wave/Tidal etc).
- Professional project management qualifications.
- Chartership with a recognised engineering institution
- Experience of managing marine design, fabrication, installation and operation projects.
- Experience in the project management of health and safety (CDM and occupational health and safety) and environmental matters.
MPS is looking to fill this vacancy as soon as possible.
All CV’s and covering letters to be sent to [email protected]