Marine Power Systems is seeking a Project & Development Engineer with expertise in the project engineering, development & construction of large structures, to join its team and help achieve the company’s vision of clean, affordable, reliable renewable marine energy.
MPS is considered a world leader in the field of hardware for the grid scale extraction of marine renewable energy to generate electricity. As Marine Power Systems’ Project & Development Engineer, the successful candidate will take on a key role within the team, managing and supporting the design and construction of the main floating structural elements of the technology. They will be required to primarily work with and supervise an experienced subcontractor that will undertake a significant work package to design the main floating structure of the system. The role is multidisciplined and will involve project management, technical liaison, engineering, design for construction/O&M.
The successful candidate will be an integral part of a highly motivated and talented development team, shaping the future of marine energy.
The candidate will be based at the MPS head office in Swansea, main responsibilities include:
- Project engineering and management of the development and construction of large floating structures, working with and supervising experienced subcontractor(s).
- Leading and project managing the design for manufacture process.
- Leading and project managing the design for operations and maintenance process.
- Technical liaison with engineering consultants, contractors and manufacturers.
- Preparation of requirements based on the relevant design codes, standards and legislation.
- Preparation of technical, project and quality documentation including; specifications, commissioning plans, QC plans, etc.
- Provide technical input and advice relating to the design and construction of structural systems and components.
- Some technical analyses may be required utilising various CAE methods and tools.
- Some cost analysis.
- Technical input to risk analysis process.
- Degree in Structural/Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar technical/project engineering role.
- Excellent mechanical design capabilities and good understanding of materials and manufacturing processes.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and able to work with minimal supervision.
MPS is looking to fill this vacancy as soon as possible.
Please contact us for further details.
All CV’s and covering letters to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Also advertised on Marine Energy Wales.