Marine Power Systems is seeking an experienced Lead Engineer to join our offshore renewable energy device, development team. Working with the design and development team and external contractors, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the development, supply, and commissioning of the main structural and mooring systems for a large sea-going prototype of the WaveSub wave energy converter. The role is multidisciplined and will involve project and contract management, technical liaison, mechanical and structural engineering, design for construction/O&M. In the longer term, the successful candidate may also support the commercialisation of MPS’ suite of technologies (WindSub, WaveSub and DualSub).
The candidate will be based at the MPS head office in Swansea, main responsibilities include:-
- Project management of the development and construction of large floating structures, working with and supervising experienced subcontractors.
- Supporting the structural &mooring systems manufacture, commissioning and testing, working with and supervising experienced subcontractors. Likely to involve attending onshore/offshore trials, acceptance checks, commissioning and testing.
- Project managing the design for manufacturing process.
- Project managing the design for operations and maintenance process.
- Technical liaison with engineering consultants, contractors and manufacturers.
- Preparation of requirements based on the relevant design codes, standards and legislation.
- Preparation of technical, project and quality documentation including; specifications, commissioning plans, QC plans, etc.
- Provide technical input and advice relating to the design and construction of structural systems and components.
- Some technical analyses may be required utilising various CAE methods and tools.
- Some cost analysis.
- Technical input to risk analysis process.
- Degree in Structural/Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar technical/project engineering role.
- Excellent mechanical design capabilities and a good understanding of materials and manufacturing processes.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Good organisational skills and ability to work under challenging timescales.
- A genuine interest and passion for addressing the challenges of energy generation at sea.
- Proficient in English, both spoken and written.
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK.
- Valid UK Driving Licence.
- Good experience in the design and construction of large steel fabrications and assemblies.
- Experience of fatigue analysis.
- Knowledge of corrosion protection approaches.
- Experience in mooring system design.
- Experience working in the marine/marine renewable energy industry.
- Ability to use CAE systems for structural analysis.
- Good experience in structural codes and standards.
MPS is looking to fill this vacancy as soon as possible.
All CV’s and covering letters to be sent to [email protected]