Marine Power Systems is seeking a graduate-level Oceanographer to join our team developing the WaveSub wave energy device. The successful candidate will work as part of the design and development team identifying, analysing, and interpreting site resource information to support the design team. The successful candidate will work closely with the internal team, selected subcontractors and research institutions. The role will also include yield assessment at sites and consideration of device/resource interaction, including device layout.
The candidate will be based at the MPS head office in Swansea, main responsibilities include:-
- Providing in-house oceanography expertise to the project and team, particularly in the area of site identification and characterisation.
- Liaising with subcontractors to ensure the correct oceanographic data is collected by MPS and provided to relevant parties.
- Provide potential device and farm layouts supported by other members of the design and development team.
- Processing data and developing computational tools to support oceanography work.
- Document the approaches to site identification, definition and assessment.
- Technical review of oceanographical data.
- Support in and attendance at (vessel-based) surveys.
- Preparation of data in accordance with relevant codes, standards and legislation.
- Support preparation of technical and quality documentation including; specifications, design reports and design process descriptions.
- Degree in Oceanography or related discipline
- A strong capability of developing scripts in MatLab
- Strong knowledge and understanding of marine resources and an ability to critically analyse data.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good organisational skills and ability to work under challenging timescales
- A genuine interest and passion for addressing the challenges of energy generation at sea
- Proficient in English, both spoken and written
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK
- Good capability using GIS software
- Valid UK driving licence
- Coding ability in Python and other relevant languages
MPS is looking to fill this vacancy as soon as possible.
All CV’s and covering letters to be sent to [email protected]