Marine Power Systems is seeking a Design & Development Engineer with expertise in computational simulation of WEC devices to join its team and help achieve the company’s vision of clean, affordable, reliable renewable marine energy.
With its portfolio of devices that include wave energy, floating wind, and combined wind and wave energy converters, MPS is considered a world leader in the field of hardware for the grid scale extraction of marine renewable energy to generate electricity. As one of Marine Power Systems’ in-house computation simulation experts, the successful candidate will have responsibility for the development of sophisticated computational models to simulate and analyse the WaveSub wave energy converter.
The successful candidate will be an integral part of a highly motivated and talented development team, shaping the future of marine energy.
The candidate will be based at the MPS head office in Swansea, main responsibilities include:
- Carrying out computational simulations of the WaveSub WEC
- Ongoing development of the computational models and other simulation and analytical tools
- Data analysis, reporting and interpretation / presentation
- Working with in-house and supplier engineering teams to produce & optimise the accuracy of the simulated data
- Creation of development plans for addressing research questions
- Identify suitable resources and tools to address research needs of the company
- Solving simulation and technical problems
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in engineering or similar maths/physics based subject
- Ability to use computational tools such as Nemoh, WECSim, MATLAB or similar
- A strong mathematical understanding and ability to implement the understanding into simulation tools
- Minimum of 3 years relevant industrial experience
Closing deadline is Tuesday 06 Aug 19.
All CV’s and covering letters to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Also advertised on Marine Energy Wales.