Marine Power Systems is seeking an experienced candidate to join our team in a senior Business Development role. The successful candidate will take on a key role within the business driving our commercialisation strategy.
The candidate will have a proven track record and will be responsible for the commercialisation of our technology. Initial focus will be on developing & initiating opportunities with customers (in the UK, rest of Europe and internationally), progressing plans for small scale farms with development partners and establishing a commercial team.
This will be our first dedicated commercial role. Historically, commercial planning and business development has largely been carried out by the founders and executive team. MPS is rapidly approaching commercial readiness as the plan for deployment of a commercial scale device is realised. Therefore the business now requires a commercial leader and team to capitalise on the successes to date and future business opportunities.
The successful candidate will be a key asset to the team with significant autonomy and will work closely with the CEO. The ability to help formulate and drive our commercialisation strategy is a must. The appointed team member will have the opportunity to grow with the business, developing the commercial team and with the potential to progress into a Director role, whilst helping MPS to achieve our commercial plans.
The candidate will be based at the MPS head office in Swansea, main responsibilities include:
- Build and execute the immediate term & 3-5 year commercial strategy / business plan, working with the CEO and Board
- Business development with end customers, mainly marine energy developers and associated businesses (maintain & build existing relationships / identify and engage new customers)
- Setup and lead meetings with customers / negotiation and closing of commercial contract & agreements
- Lead on technical assessments / answering RFI’s / bid writing and reporting to end customers and liaising with the MPS team to assimilate information accordingly
- Lead / assist in the development of financial models, budgets, and commercial projections
- Work closely with the engineering team to gain a deep understanding of the technology in order to speak fluently and incorporate key messages in marketing materials, align with brand and product vision to develop the right roadmap for the business
- Support marketing and branding – develop and distribute (with third party support)
- Management of wider stakeholder relationships
- Continually refine and challenge existing commercial strategies to ensure they continue to meet the business/market needs and objectives
- Ensure a focus on value creation is developed by the company and delivered to shareholders
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5+ years commercialising technology in the energy/renewables/oil & gas or similar sector with a proven track record of generating and converting opportunities into commercial contracts
- 5+ years’ experience working across commercial, marketing and strategy roles
- A genuine interest and passion for addressing the challenges of energy generation at sea towards meeting sustainable climate change targets
- Previous commercial experience in a technology or energy sector business
- Experience in managing people; performance, coaching, mentoring
- Good understanding of the organisations overall business and its objectives
(Please enquire within to receive the full job specification at [email protected])
MPS is looking to fill this vacancy as soon as possible. Remuneration package will be tailored to individuals skills and experience.
All CV’s and covering letters to be sent to [email protected]